The Association for Coaching defines life/personal coaching as “A collaborative solution-focused, results-orientated and systematic process in which the coach facilitates the enhancement of work performance, life experience, self-directed learning and personal growth of the coachee.”
Coaching is a relationship between the coach and the client. It is a non-judgemental and supportive relationship based on empathy, rapport, commitment and action.
My role as your coach, is to empower you to make decisions about your life and to support you whilst taking the necessary actions to achieve whatever you decide you want. I will listen attentively and ask you purposeful questions to help you gain awareness and insight.
Coaching is future focused and although you might choose to briefly visit the past, the emphasis is on unpacking and understanding the present to create action towards a desired future.
Coaching is not about advice giving or telling you what to do. You are the expert in your life and the coach is there to facilitate the transition.
Some of the benefits of coaching include:
- Enabling you to find a fresh perspective on current challenges
- A support mechanism to stretch you out of your comfort zone
- Greater responsibility and ownership of your choices and actions
- Identifying and overcoming fears and limiting beliefs
- Someone to help you maintain motivation where you might previously have given up